This was posted as a comment on my web site. I think this will be a very interesting event so I am sending this out again as my post to reach as many as possible. It is from Bob Turner of Skidmore College:
I wanted to invite you to a presentation my Real Democracy seminar is giving on the outcome of the 2015 Saratoga Springs City Council election. It is on Monday, November 30th from 7-9pm in Gannett Auditorium at Skidmore College. The event is free and open to the public.
I can safely say that it is the most comprehensive study of Saratoga Springs local elections ever conducted. Their analysis will address some of the most important questions about the 2015 election: how has the political landscape of Saratoga Springs changed; who votes in local elections; what were the most important issues to voters; and how effective were the mayoral and Saratoga PAC campaigns. The presentation will also include a spatial analysis of which districts in the city participate the most in city politics. A question and answer session will follow the presentation.
Their presentations will utilize multiple sources of data including:
• First ever exit poll of 437 voters in the 2015 City Council elections.
• Mapping the location of every political yard sign in Saratoga Springs
• Spatial analysis of political contributions to City Council Candidates and the Saratoga PAC
• Surveys of the attendees of City Council debates
• Individual interviews of every City Council candidate.
Please forward to any individuals or groups you think might be interested.
Associate Professor of Government